- Examine vocabulary in "A Sound of Thunder"
- Do a close reading of page 1
- Examine the text for literary devices
- Chart the risks in the story and their impact on the text
- Examine other relevant text/video
- Compare and contrast texts
- Evaluate time travel- is it possible or not?
1. The comprehension questions and reading chart (completed in class)
2. A reading comprehension major assessment (students may use the text)
What will be on this graded assignment? --> STUDY GUIDE!
Vocabulary words from our vocabulary study:
1. Subtle-making use of clever or indirect methods to achieve something.
2. Expendable- of little significance
3. Primeval-resembling the earliest ages in the history of the world
4. Remit-send money
5. Resilient-withstand or quickly recover
6. Revoke-to end the operation of
7. Undulate-move with a wave-like motion
Reading comprehension questions pertaining to the story. Answers will be text dependent, therefore the text can be used on the assessment. (total of 80 points possible!)
Students will also be writing a paragraph about time travel using "ASOT" and an article we read in class. Students can use both the story and article as they write their paragraph and a graphic organizer will be provided. (total of 20 points possible!)
The assessment will be MONDAY 2/20 or TUESDAY 2/21 depending on your classes progress. .