- Continue learning the List #9 stems
- Hit the midpoint in our "Journey" though the Suspense Unit
- Unit Test, Tuesday!
- Dig a little deeper into suspense by reading "The Adventure of the Speckled Band." This story's vocabulary and length will be a challenge, but we can get through it!
Classes will be reading/have read a variety of stories* including:
1. The Raven*
2. The Tell Tale Heart
3. The Monkey's Paw
4. The Landlady*
5. Night Burial
6. Sorry Wrong Number
7. Lamb to the Slaughter*
8. The Adventure of the Speckled Band
*Your student may not read all stories listed.
Study Guide for this unit's test!
Our Common Core State Standards this week include:
RL8.1 (Citing textual evidence)
RL8.2 (Theme, Objective Summary)
RL8.3 (Dialogue / incidents propel the story or provoke an action)
RL8.6 (Differences in point of view and how they create suspense)
1. Study for your mystery assessment, Tuesday!
2. Work on your nightly summary for "The Adventure of the Speckled Band!"