We've survived our first two weeks! What fun it has been! Here's the plan for next week!
- Go over the plan for student accountability for missing work (will be posted on site under "Class Information")
- Continue practicing our poem
- Investigate Irony
- Begin our Realistic Fiction Unit
Classes will be reading a variety of stories* including:
2. "Raymond's Run"
3. "A Mother in Manville"
4. "A Retrieved Reformation"
*Your student may not read all stories listed.
**Our next unit test will be Wednesday, August 3, 2016. The study guide is to follow!
Our Common Core State Standards this week include:
RL8.1 (Citing textual evidence)
RL8.2 (Theme, Objective Summary)
RL8.3 (Dialogue / incidents propel the story or provoke an action)
RL8.6 (Difference in points of view create humor or irony)
1. Continue memorizing the poem
2. Article of the Week #1 due FRIDAY!
7th Period Links:
Verbal Irony: www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiR-bnCHIYo
Dramatic Irony: www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZFYuX84n1U