- Finish reading The Pearl!
- Complete comprehension questions for each chapter
- Complete chapters 4-6 by the end of the week.
- Send home interims FRIDAY!
We will be focusing on:
- RL8.4-Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative and connotative meanings; analyze the impact of specific word choices on meaning and tone, including analogies or allusions to other texts.
- RL8.6-Analyze how differences in the points of view of the characters and the audience or reader (e.g., created through the use of dramatic irony) create such effects as suspense or humor.
- RL8.9- Analyze how a modern work of fiction draws on themes, patterns of events, or character types from myths, traditional stories, or religious works...including describing how the material is rendered new.