* Early Release THIS Friday! *
- Start reading The Pearl!
- Complete comprehension questions for each chapter
- We will aim for chapters 1-3 by the end of the week.
We will be focusing on:
- RL8.1- Cite the textual evidence that most strongly supports an analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
- RL8.2- Determine a theme or central idea of a text and analyze its development over the course of the text, including its relationship to the characters, setting, and plot; provide an objective summary of the text.
- RL8.3- Analyze how particular lines of dialogue or incidents in a story or drama propel the action, reveal aspects of a character, or provoke a decision.
- RL8.9- Analyze how a modern work of fiction draws on themes, patterns of events, or character types from myths, traditional stories, or religious works...including describing how the material is rendered new.
- Keep up with our chapter questions, nightly!
- Read from a book of your choice!