This week we will begin reading "A Midsummer Night's Dream!" I will have copies of the book in class, but students will not be able to check them out. Any version of the book will due, and the full text of the story can be found at these sites:
Throughout the unit, students will be responsible for completing five questions per act and a unit project. The questions for Act I are below:
1. What are Theseus and Hippolyta discussing at the play's start?
2. Why does Egeus bring Hermia, Lysander, and Demetrius to Theseus?
3. What is Lysander's plan? (3 parts)
4. List a point made by Lysander in defending his right to marry Hermia.
5. Who are the characters in scene two? What do they plan?
8th grade Track 1 English Language Arts teacher. Book lover, Shakespeare fanatic, and poetry enthusiast.