We are continuing with our unit on risk takers! Our central text will be: "A Sound of Thunder" by Ray Bradbury
This week we will:
There will be two graded assignments pertaining to ASOT:
1. The comprehension questions and reading chart (completed in class)
2. A reading comprehension major assessment (students may use the text)
What will be on this graded assignment? --> STUDY GUIDE!
Vocabulary words from our vocabulary study:
1. Subtle-making use of clever or indirect methods to achieve something.
2. Expendable- of little significance
3. Primeval-resembling the earliest ages in the history of the world
4. Remit-send money
5. Resilient-withstand or quickly recover
6. Revoke-to end the operation of
7. Undulate-move with a wave-like motion
Reading comprehension questions pertaining to the story. Answers will be text dependent, therefore the text can be used on the assessment. (total of 80 points possible!)
Students will also be writing a paragraph about time travel using "ASOT" and an article we read in class. Students can use both the story and article as they write their paragraph and a graphic organizer will be provided. (total of 20 points possible!)
The assessment will be MONDAY 2/20 or TUESDAY 2/21 depending on your classes progress. .
Homework: Read silently (15+ minutes per night), finish any work not completed in class.
8th grade Track 1 English Language Arts teacher. Book lover, Shakespeare fanatic, and poetry enthusiast.